Building a website is usually the first step of some bigger project. Perhaps you want to build a website for your business, build a website for your resume, or create a portfolio website. You may want to sell a product, sell many products on e-commerce website, or to make money by providing information on your site and generate some passive income.
What You Need to Make Your Website A Success
Let’s look at the components of building a successful website.
There are many different ways that you can use to build a website and an online business, but generally, to set up a successful and profitable website you will need the following components:
- A website itself. I talked about this in detail in this website building step-by-step tutorial. Your site can be a big site with hundreds of pages, or just a simple site with a few pages of content. Sometimes even a one page will be enough.
- Product or service that fills a specific NEED. This can be a physical product, an affiliate offer, service, an electronic product (ebook, report, or software), etc. Your product can just be INFORMATION that you will be providing on your site. You can make money on the information that you provide on your site, by placing advertising, such as Google Adsense.
- Mailing List. You may also want to add a sign-up form to capture email addresses and create a mailing list – your biggest asset.
- Copywriting. You can write your content yourself or you can pay someone to write it for you.
- Promotion and marketing. There are many ways you can promote your website for FREE on the Internet: by writing articles and posting them on free article websites, making videos and posting them on video sites, such as Youtube.com, commenting on popular blogs in related niches, participating in forums, and many others. There are also many ways to Pay per Click – and found out the only traffic you get is from your wallet to Google’s bank account!
- Search engine optimization. This will help you attract traffic from the search engines.
Many people shy away from the thought of building their own website because they they feel that in order to get a website built professionally, they will have to pay a thousands of dollars to hire a web designer and programmer.
What many people do not realize is that with the new generation of web tools you can easily create professionally looking websites very inexpensively. The cost to build a website is really negligible if you do it the way I teach you on this site, considering all the benefits that come with owning your own website(s).
How Much Does it Cost to Build a Website
Let’s look at the basic costs of setting up your own website:
- Domain Name. This is essential. About $9 per year.
- Hosting. About $50-$100 per year.
- Building the Website. You can easily build a site yourself by following my Build A Website course and buy a professionally designed theme for under $100. Custom graphic design is not essential, but if you want something special, look at spending around $300 in design.
- Mailing List/Autoresponder. The cost is around $20 per month or $200 per year (paid in advance).
So up to this point you are looking at a startup cost of around $400, which doesn’t have to be paid all at once. You may want some extras, but that’s your initial costs for setting up a basic online business, for an ENTIRE YEAR.
- Education. In addition to the expenses above, you also have to add an important expense, perhaps the most important of all, which is education. You need to have a step-by-step approach that you can use to build your online business. And then you need to continue your education on an ongoing basis.
Of course, if you don’t know what you’re doing, you may end up spending a whole lot more money. And worse, you may not make any money, so you’ll waste your time as well.
So right now, with less than $400 – or even less than that if you wanted – you can start your own online business. Compared to the cost of starting a business in the “real world,” starting an online business is actually the LEAST expensive way to start any kind of business, ever!
The two things that I want to stress that are CRITICAL are:
***START NOW.*** Don’t try to figure out everything BEFORE taking action – you will learn so much more from doing things – building websites, writing articles to promote them, etc., – than from reading other people’s stories and ebooks.
***WORK WITH PERSISTENCE.*** It takes a lot of work to build a successful business online. Do not ever believe anyone who tells you that it’s easy. NEVER believe in any Get Rich Quick schemes. Period.